I stated writing this post a few months ago!…. Better late than never!
I have been off WordPress a bit of late. But the plot is still growing away, as is my own little (or rather big) side project. The baby bump!!
This post is a big overview of the year.
– Potatoes in the big bed grew well. We harvested these around the end of September. And this year we got them before the slugs! They turned out much better than expected considering I hadn’t given them much love. The potatoes in the waterlogged bed did grow, just not as much or as big. Next year I will need to find another way to drain my willow soaking pool, rather than just letting the water run into the beds.
-Tomatoes greenhouse and outdoor… Did well. But again a little tlc and they would have cropped longer and better. As always my greenhouse plants did the best.
-I also grew cucumbers and peppers in my greenhouse. Which did well.
-I grew some sunflowers to cut this year. They turned out great as just kept on flowering away all summer. And made lovely gifts to a lucky few! I also grew some big sunflowers…. Can’t have a plot without a few monsters!
-My tradition sweetpeas grew away nicely. But I’m determined to make them last longer. Lots of water?
– I also grew borage, wildflowers and some other companion flowers this year.
-My mini squash looked great, but gave up in the hot weather. I got two fruits… So it’s a start! They looked very pretty when growing away so I will try again next year.
– My beetroots did well. But got nibbled before I could get to them.
– Courgettes were a disaster this year. Just didn’t and didn’t want to know. They usually grow like weeds!
– Strawberry plants had there first year in a new bed. Hopefully next year they will show off!
-Raspberry plants were a bit sad this year. I didn’t cut back hard enough and I noticed a big improvement when I did! Next yearbook will be harsh on my lovely plants!
We cleared the plot and greenhouse down for autumn a little early this year. Next stop is manure spreading :).
Then we can start fresh in New year… With a brand new extra set of hands! I suspect he won’t come out with gardening gloves in hand…. But given a few years!