So the good news is; I found more potatoes in bed 1 of 3…. About 5 big potatoes per plant and some more normal sized ones too.
Certainly enough for us. I have left the other early bed in as they are just hanging onto life and the 3rd one is main crop anyway and looks very happy!
So this was Friday nights findings.
The sweet corn is still with us. But don’t tell the squirrels!
And it seems we have beetroots after all! I do like a sneaky veg!
I dug over 2 beds (a bit) I forgot what a good work out it is! But trying to work out if I can get my beds in better shape and a second crop before autumn. Then thinking what winter crops I can get in. And of course a nice patch for my eagerly awaited garlic!
Feel like I have let the plot get away from me a bit over the summer, but not for long!
Also I made lots of chutney; stayed up till midnight Friday night in my determination to make Courgette and tomatoe chutney. Wild night in for me!
Not contented that the house smelled horrid enough… I then made another ‘more friendly’ batch for Sundays lunch. I tested this one the week before and we had nearly finished it by Friday. So I think it got the seal of approval!
Im all chutneyd out now!